Shadows by Broadbandaid Films.January 14, 2019
article discussing Ritalin and children raises a number of contested issues currently debated in the public realm. On the one hand, more children are able to survive and thrive in school and relationships as a result of the accessibility of medicationJanuary 14, 2019
n this assignment, you will create an essay discussing a contested
aspect of health or education in the United States. Select one topic
from your readings or from a news source (include a link in your
submission). Do not use the topic from this week’s Discussion Board.
might discuss your thoughts on the poor showing of the United States on
indices of healthy countries. You could focus on charter schools and
the claim that, by diverting funds from public schools, charters
disproportionately impact low-income students of color. You could
research and write on the relationship of exclusive private schools and
the perpetuation of inequality or a hot topic about health or education
of your choosing. Your essay should be thought provoking, innovative,
- Illustrate the differential impact a country’s economy has on its schooling.
- Apply sociology’s major theories to education, health, and medicine.
- Describe in detail significant problems facing today’s schools.
- Articulate differences in health within low- and high-income countries using concrete examples.
- Discuss key health concerns for the United States and the shape of medical systems worldwide.
- Select one topic based on the description and create an essay
- Your essay should be at least 3-5 pages in length
- Your essay must include at least 2 scholarly references
- Your essay must be in proper APA format.