A strong literature review not only plays a foundational role for setting up a research proposal and/or dissertation but also plays an important role in the results and discussion sections that are presented after the data has been collected and analyzed. As you move into this module’s discussion, consider all you have learned about the literature review including the continuing process you explored in this module’s readings.
In a minimum of 400 words, post your responses to the following:
- Why is the literature review a needed piece of a research proposal? How can a weak literature review diminish a research proposal?
- Once the data has been collected and you are moving into the completion of the research report, how will you continue to pull from your literature review in the results and discussion section of your report?
- What did you find to be the most valuable task in the research or writing process?
- What strengths and weaknesses did you find in yourself through the research and writing process that you covered in this course?
- How do you see yourself applying the skills you have gained through this course in your future career in human services research?