Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T2 2020
Unit Code HC2022
Unit Title Marketing Research
Assessment Type Individual Assignment 2
Assessment Title Individual Report Project
Purpose of the
assessment (with ULO
Mapping) 1/ Integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing Research in the context of marketing-related business decisions
2/ Analyse business problems/opportunities using their Market Research skills and develop appropriate strategies to achieve a competitive advantage.
Weight 20 % of the total assessments
Total Marks 20
Word limit Not more than 2000 words
Due Date Week 10
Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Page 2 of 3
HC2022 Marketing Research Individual Report
Student will gain experience in applying the marketing research process, collecting secondary data and providing recommendations for and organisation’s strategy
SKY HIGH Real Estate Developers want to understand the present structures of Australian households and families, as well as how these structures will change in the next 20 years. This will allow them to plan for the kinds of properties that are in demand now and in the future. Using secondary data sources, find this information for the real estate developer. This secondary data can be obtained from a variety of credible sources, including: The Australian Bureau of Statistics website (www.abs.gov.au) and searching for ‘family characteristics’. The most recent publication, released in 2015, is entitled 4442.0 – Family Characteristics and Transitions, Australia, 2012––13, available at www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/4442.0 You can also gain some insight from: https://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/036 You may also source data from other credible sights.
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
Introduce the main problem the real estate developer is facing and how the data will be collected
2. The research Process
2.1. Define the Problem
Clearly explain the problem that requires market research
2.2. Planning the research design
Explain why secondary data will be used in this research
2.3. Planning the sample
Provide information on the sample sizes used for the data you are using (this will come from the research organisation) 2.4 Collecting the data
This is the one of the main sections (it should be around 300 words). Show the data you have collected. This should be well organised and easy to understand.
2.5 Analysing the Data
This is the one of the main sections (it should be around 300 words). Explain what the data means in the context of the problem.
3. Formulating conclusion and recommendations
Conclude on the research and provide two specific recommendations for the real estate developer.
HC2022 Marketing Research
Page 3 of 3
Marking criteria Weighting
1 Show the data you have collected. 5
2. Accurately analyses the relevant secondary data including recommendations 6
3. Shows knowledge of relevant theory 6
4. Overall presentation and referencing 3
TOTAL Weight 20%
Assessment Feedback to the Student:
Excellent Very Good Good Satisfactory Unsatisfactory
1 Show the data you have collected. Data collected is very: relevant, well organised and easy to understand. Data collected is: relevant, well organised and easy to understand. Data collected is somewhat:
relevant, well organised and easy to understand Data collected is somewhat: relevant, well organised and easy to understand and contains some errors Data collected is not relevant, disorganised and difficult to understand
2. Accurately analyses the relevant secondary data including recommendations Very accurate analysis of the relevant secondary data including recommendations Accurate analysis of the relevant secondary data including recommendations Somewhat
accurate analysis of the relevant secondary data including recommendations Analysis of the relevant secondary data including recommendations, but with some errors Little to no analysis of the relevant secondary data including recommendations
3. Shows knowledge of relevant theory
A deep knowledge of the theory shown Good knowledge of the theory shown Some knowledge of the theory shown Knowledge of the theory shown at times Little to no knowledge of the theory shown
4. Overall presentation and referencing Presentation and referencing are at a high standard Presentation and referencing are at a high-medium standard Presentation and referencing are at a medium standard Presentation and referencing could be improved Presentation and referencing are at a low standard
HC2022 Marketing Research