1. Health care organizations must strictly comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security rules that require organizations to have proper security controls for handling personal information referred to as “protected health information,” or PHI. This includes security controls for the IT infrastructure handling PHI. Which of the listed risks, threats, or vulnerabilities can violate HIPAA privacy and security requirements? List one and justify your answer in one or two sentences.
2. How many threats and vulnerabilities did you find that impacted risk in each of the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure?
3. Which domain(s) had the greatest number of risks, threats, and vulnerabilities?
4. What is the risk impact or risk factor (critical, major, and minor) that you would qualitatively assign to the risks, threats, and vulnerabilities you identified for the LAN-to-WAN Domain for the health care and HIPAA compliance scenario?
5. Of the three System/Application Domain risks, threats, and vulnerabilities identified, which one requires a disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan to maintain continued operations during a catastrophic outage?
6. Which domain represents the greatest risk and uncertainty to an organization?
7. Which domain requires stringent access controls and encryption for connectivity to corporate resources from home?
8. Which domain requires annual security awareness training and employee background checks for sensitive positions to help mitigate risks from employee sabotage?
9. Which domains need software vulnerability assessments to mitigate risk from software vulnerabilities?
10. Which domain requires acceptable use policies (AUPs) to minimize unnecessary user-initiated Internet traffic and can be monitored and controlled by Web content filters? 11. In which domain do you implement Web content filters?
12. If you implement a Wireless LAN (WLAN) to support connectivity for laptops in the Workstation Domain, which domain does WLAN fall within?
13. Under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley-Act (GLBA), banks must protect customer privacy. A given bank has just implemented its online banking solution that allows customers to access their accounts and perform transactions via their computers or personal digital assistant (PDA) devices. Online banking servers and their public Internet hosting would fall within which domains of security responsibility? 9 Copyright © 2015 by Jones & Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Ascend Learning Company. All rights reserved. www.jblearning.com Student Lab Manual
14. True or false: Customers who conduct online banking on their laptops or personal computers must use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS), the secure and encrypted version of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) browser communications. HTTPS encrypts Web page data inputs and data through the public Internet and decrypts that Web page and data on the user’s PC or device.
15. Explain how a layered security strategy throughout the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure can help mitigate risk exposure for loss of privacy data or confidential data from the System/Application Domain.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?