I learned that certain links exist between emotions, motivation, and stress. In fact, if one does not handle his or her stress effectively, numerous health issues could arise.
For this assignment, you are to compose a reflection paper in which you examine a current or past stressful event in your life. You must embrace Selye’s general adaptation syndrome (GAS) and describe your reactions to the stressful event during each stage. You should describe the various facial expressions that you displayed as you progressed through each stage as well. Be sure also to address the following questions:
- What coping strategies did you embrace to help solve the problem?
- How was your professional life affected by the stressor?
- How does Maslow’s hierarchy of needs relate to your stressor? What motivated you to solve the problem?
- Did you experience additional conflicts with other individuals as you endured this life trial?
Tips for writing your reflection paper:
- Introduction: This is meant to give a concise overview of the featured stressful event and is usually one paragraph in length. In your introduction, you will reveal the featured stressful event that you will examine for this paper.
- Summary: This contains your description of the required areas listed above in the opening statement, including Selye’s GAS, your facial expressions, coping strategies, professional impact, and relationship conflicts.
- Analysis: In this portion of the paper, you should provide information from the textbook to analyze the impact that the stressful event could have placed upon your health, future goals, and motivation. You may use sources identified from the CSU Online Library to assist your analysis efforts, but this is not required.
- Conclusion: This summarizes your final reflections for the featured topic. For instance, what implications have you uncovered during your research that you will apply to future stressful events?
Must be at least one page in length, not counting the title and reference pages, but it can be longer if necessary to address all aspects of the assignment. It should be formatted in APA style. You are required to utilize the textbook, but other sources may be used if needed.