Marketing Plan for Nike’s Athletic Shoes
Write an APA 6th ed. formatted paper, of 10 to 15 pages in length not counting the title page, references list or appendix.
- The table of contents for the final CLA 2 assignment includes:
Guidelines for writing the media plan:
- brief introduction of project company/product/service,
- situation analysis including PESTEL and SWOT analysis,
- product/service features, benefits and brand identity,
- marketing plan objectives,
- competition analysis including differentiation and positioning,
- target market profile,
- distribution plan,
- media plan (2-3 pages of the 10-15 pages)
- how the marketing mix (the 4 Ps or 7 Ps) will work together to reinforce the plan objectives, and the marketing communication budget.
- The Executive Summary of the marketing plan is the conclusion.
- References page is the last slide before questions. There is no abstract or other summary.
- The fourth “P” is for promotion, and deals with the process of integrated marketing communications. The questions become “what do you say, to whom do you say it, and how often do you say it?” Development of a media plan is how marketers organize their approach to these questions. Your text identifies eight steps in developing effective communications. For the purpose of the media plan you are going to develop for your chosen product / service, you need to specifically address effective communications.
- Develop a media plan for your product / service that examines:
You may use another mode of marketing communication such as those described in the text and class such as internet marketing, personnel selling, trade shows, outdoor billboards, please confirm your choice with me if you are selecting something not listed in a-d. Promotion Budget: You need to develop a promotion mix budget for the communication plan only (not for business operations or product development) to give an approximation of cost you will spend on each promotion component. Let us know how you obtained the total budget funds, that is available to spend on promotion activities that you would use in your promotion plan. Give the estimated expense of each activity and the percentage of the total budget.Arrange in an excel spreadsheet.
- Identification of the Target Audience: Who are the potential buyers or consumers of your products / service? Who are the influencers? Use the segmentation variables we reviewed in class as a guide.
- Design the Communications Message: Buyers pass through three consumer response stages cognitive, effective, and behavioral. What you say may be influenced by where the consumer is at any one time in these three stages. What is the communications message that you will use to promote your product?
- The Media Communications Mix : Your media plan will look at four of the major modes of communication (you may use others reviewed in class such as personal selling if it is a better fitto substitute for up to two of these modes):
- Advertising: Are your advertising objectives to inform, persuade, reinforce, or remind? What advertising media mix is being used?Are you including media that your target market will see?
- Sales promotion: What consumer promotions are being offered? Examples are samples, coupons, warranties, cross – promotions, point of purchase displays? Describe how you would present the offer?
- Public relations and publicity: What types of public relations would you use? Would you offer a news release to newspapers or other media about your product / service? If yes what would be the subject. You may offer other types of public relations activities such as those listed in the text.
- Direct Marketing: Will you offer direct marketing efforts?For example, direct mail, telephone calls, emails, mail order catalogs, or kiosk marketing? Would you use direct marketing through the website or internet?