According to the film, “the consumer is now the marketer”. What does this mean? Please provide some examples. Is this a change from how advertising and marketing has traditionally worked?
Watch this documentary “Generation Like”. (It is 54 minutes and you can turn on the closed captions). http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/generation-like/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
For this assignment, please respond to the following discussion questions after viewing the documentary. Your assignment should be 4-5 pages double-spaced.
- Please discuss your general reactions to the film.
- According to the film, “the consumer is now the marketer”. What does this mean? Please provide some examples. Is this a change from how advertising and marketing has traditionally worked?
- Consider the question “Does selling out exist anymore?” What do you think? For better or for worse? (You may need to look up the phrase “selling out” if you don’t know what it means).
- “Word-of-mouth” marketing is an age-old technique used to build interest in a brand or a product. (One person recommends a brand or product or shares information about it with another person he or she knows. The recipient does the same with another person, and so on, until word spreads.) How is using social media to market a movie similar to the word-of-mouth technique? How is it different? Which do you think is more effective, and why?
- If you had no access to the internet/smartphones etc. for 48 hours, what would you miss the most? Would you ever try to go without?
- Discuss how social media has impacted your identity.
Your written responses should be a minimum of 4 pages (if you include all the questions, please do not count this in the page count. If you use 1/3 of the page for your name and title, please do not include this in the page count). Please us 12 point font, 1 inch margins, double spaced.
There are no reviews yet.