computer systems architecture
Primary Task Response:
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Use the library and Internet to research architectural styles and frameworks that are used in software development, and complete the following:
- From your research, select an architectural style that is used in a real-world system.
- Describe the real-world system and the architectural style.
- Justify why this architectural style is well-suited for the selected real-world system.
( MAIN PROJECT (WEEK 1 ))
Assignment Details ( HOW TO SELECT PROJECT )
Select an organization as the target for your Software Architecture Strategy document. This organization will be used as the basis for each of the assignments throughout the course and should conform to the following guidelines:
- Nontrivial: The organization should be large enough and sufficiently involved in software design and development to allow reasonable exercise of the software architecture strategy research and documentation process.
- The organization can be fictional if necessary, and appropriate assumptions may be made.
- The organization does not have to be in the software design or development business, but must have reasonable levels of software design and development activity for either internal or for external clients.
- Domain knowledge: You should be familiar enough with the organization to allow you to focus on the project’s tasks without investing significant time in domain education.
- Accessibility: You should have access to the people and other information related to the project because this will be an important part of the process.
Select an organization that meets the requirements, and submit your proposal to your instructor before proceeding further with the assignments in the course. Approval should be sought within the first several days of the course. Your instructor will tell you how to submit this proposal and what notification will be given for project approval.
Final Key Assignment ( SUBMISSION OF PROJECT RULES )
You will be developing a Software Architecture Strategy document that defines the architecture and architectural design processes that will be used in the software design and development activities for the selected organization. Your first task in this process will be to select an organization to use as the basis of your research and analysis for each of the assignments in the course. You will also create the shell document for the final project deliverable that you will be working on during each unit. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add content to each section of the final document to gradually complete the final project. Appropriate research should be conducted to support the development of your document, and assumptions may be made when necessary.
The final project deliverables are the following:
- Submit your project proposal to instructor for approval.
- Create the Software Architecture Strategy Document.
- Use Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- Table of Contents (TOC)
- Use autogenerated TOC.
- Separate page
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so that it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with “TBD” as content, except for the sections listed under New Content below)
- Project Outline (Week 1)
- Software Architecture and Evaluation (Week 1)
- Development Processes (Week 2)
- Architectural Design Strategy (Week 3)
- Engineering Requirements (Week 4)
- Emerging Technologies (Week 5)
- WEEK 1 ( PROJECT OUTLINE )
- ( WEEK 1 DELIVARABLES )
- New Content
- Project Outline
- Provide a brief description of the organization (can be hypothetical) that will be used as the basis for the projects in the course.
- Include company size, locations, and other pertinent information.
- The organization should be heavily involved in software design and development activities for either internal or external clients.
- Software Architecture Evaluation
- Appraise the current software design and development activities in the chosen organization.
- Provide an overview of the software architecture strategy that is suitable for a nontechnical audience.
- The overview must identify the software development activities of the organization that can benefit from the use of a software architecture strategy.
- Compare and contrast at least 2 architectural styles or frameworks that might be suitable for your selected organization.
- Select 1 of the architectural styles or frameworks from the previous step as the preferred style or framework, and justify your selection.
- Project Outline
- Ensure that this project is approved by the instructor.
- Name the document “Yourname_CS644_IP1.doc.”
- Submit the document for grading.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?
There are no reviews yet.