Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T1 2020
Unit Code HC3031
Unit Title Trends in the Global Business Environment
Assessment Type Individual Assignment
This is strictly required to be your own original work. Plagiarism will be penalised. Students are required to apply the theories and knowledge derived from the unit materials, demonstrate critical analysis and provide a considered and comprehensive evaluation. Students must use correct in-text citation conventions.
Assessment Title Tutorial Question Assignment 2
Purpose of the assessment and linkage to ULO. Student is required to answer 5 questions come from the recorded tutorial questions every week from week 8 to week 12
The following Unit Learning Outcomes is applicable to this assessment:
– Student will be able to analyse and evaluate social, economic, political and technological trends.
– Demonstrate familiarity with the academic literature on the macro environment level.
– Demonstrate the capacity to write persuasive reports containing sound recommendations, in preparation for a career in business or government.
Total Marks 25 Marks
Word limit The required word limit is provided in each question
Due Date Week 12 – Friday 19 June at 11:30 PM
[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed academic articles in total must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Page 2 of 2
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of trends in the global business environment.
Answer All FIVE (5) of the following questions. The questions come from the recorded tutorial questions from week 8 to week 12.
Question 1 Week 8: Tutorial 7 (5 marks)
Organisational structures can help a company fail or succeed. Why do you think that is the case? Answer this question in 300 words
Question 2 Week 9 Tutorial 8 (5 marks)
What are some of the potential problems global businesses face when they outsource or subcontract their manufacturing work to companies in other countries? (e.g. an Australian company outsourcing the manufacturing of its product to a separate company in China or Vietnam)? Answer this question in 300 words
Question 3 Week 10: Tutorial 9 (5 marks)
What are some of the disadvantages that can result when companies use channels of distribution to market their products overseas? Answer this question in 300 words
Question 4 Week 11: Tutorial 10 (5 marks)
Based on your studies in this course, compare and contrast between personal and position sources of power. In your opinion, which sources of power are most effective as important resources for leaders? Answer this question in 300 words
Question 5 Week 12: Tutorial 11 (5 marks)
What are the characteristics of creative leaders in contemporary organisations? Answer this question in 300 words
Do you need high-quality Custom Essay Writing Services?
There are no reviews yet.