Information Security Research project
In this assessment task you are required to select a topic for your research project from the list of research areas/topics provided below:
•Biometrics for authentication: security and privacy implications
•Security and privacy issues in Internet of Things (IoT) /Smart Architectures
•Security threats in cloud computing and preventive methods
•Security issues in Software Defined Networks (SDN)
•Denial of service and distributed denial of service attacks
•Investigating security of Blockchain enabled applications
•Malware: past, present and future
•Employee privacy and email, WWW, and instant messaging
•Wireless Network security and preventive techniques
•Security threats related to BYOD devices and countermeasures
•Data Exfiltration techniques
In this assessment, you are required to submit the title and an abstract for your selected research project. The abstract will provide an overview of your selected topic, along with key securtiy challenges in that area and why you have selected this to be your area of research. At the end of the submission, you should have “Reference” section that will have a maximum of two articles (at least one journal article) used to build your discussion for this abstract.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to justify security goals and the importance of maintaining the secure computing environment against digital threats.
- be able to explain the fundamental concepts of cryptographic algorithms.
- be able to examine malicious activities that may affect the security of a computer program and justify the choice of various controls to mitigate threats.
- be able to compare and contrast the security mechanisms of a trusted operating system with those used in a general purpose operating system.
- be able to investigate and justify the use of the access control mechanisms and user authentication processes.
- be able to compare and contrast foundational security policies and models that deal with integrity and confidentiality.
This assessment has been designed to assist students with the completion of assessment 5 (Research Project Report).The aim of this task is to help students :
- to build an understanding and perspective of current and emerging topics in Information Security;
- to help the students to formulate their research project in a step by step manner; and
- to build generic skills including, critical thinking, analysis, problem solving in the context of Information Security
Marking criteria and standards
The feedback for this assessment will be returned at the same time as assessment 5.
The final submission must be in MS Word format.Care must be taken to avoid direct quotes from sources. No marks will be awarded for any answer containing more than 10% direct quotes (referenced or un referenced).
APA reference style must be used throughout the document with the bibliography at the end of the
document. In-text citations should also follow APA style. APA referencing guide can be accessed via
the following link. This also forms a part of the marking rubric.
In order to successfully write the abstract, it is highly recommended that the students search latest research articles preferably from well known and reputed research portals such as IEEE, ACM, Springer and Wiley etc. This will help you to develop an understanding of latest issues and any current research being undertaken in your selected research topic.
Please note: Assessment MUST be submitted as ONE MS Word file via Turnitin. Please do not submit *.zip or *.rar or multiple files. Assessments are marked and feedback is attached using a MS Word based tool. Reports that are submitted in PDF format will be re-formatted to Word format in order to be marked. Allowances will not be made for any loss of information, diagrams or images as a result of the re-formatting.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?
There are no reviews yet.