Unit 9 Essay
Choose one of the following topics. As usual, remember to cite your sources! Refer to the Guidelines for Writing Essaysfound in your course syllabus.
- In this unit, we’ve encountered both the Mongol Conquests and also the Crusades. In an essay of 800 to 900 words, explain briefly which of the two had the greater long-term impact on Europe and its relations with the outside world.
- Find at least three book reviews of Stuart J. Borsch’s The Black Death in Egypt and England: A Comparative Study. In an essay of 800 to 900 words, answer the following questions:
- What is Borsch’s main argument?
- What is Borsch’s evidence?
- What are some aspects Borsch’s book that reviewers have praised?
- What are some aspects of Borsch’s book that reviewers have criticized?
- Do you think that Borsch’s argument is a good one?