Purpose of the assessment and linkage to ULO. Student is required to answer 5 questions come from the recorded tutorial questions every week from week 7 to week 11
The following Unit Learning Outcomes is applicable to this assessment:
– Student will be able to, integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing Management
– Develop creative marketing strategies for new product development including product, price, people and promotion
Total Marks 50 Marks
Word limit The word limited is provided in each question
Due Date Week 12 – Friday 19/6/2020 11:59 PM (Midnight)
[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.
Page 2 of 3
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of marketing management
Answer All FIVE (5) of the following questions. The questions come from the recorded tutorial questions from week 8 to week 11. Question 1: Week 7: Tutorial 6 (10 marks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBvlz8EaZ0
Watch the video and answer 3 following questions in 300 words total:
1. What is the message that P&G wants to send to its customers? (3 marks)
2. According to your opinion what does the benefit P&G gain when they implemented the Thankyou Mom campaign’? (3 marks)
3. What kind of emotions does this video evoke in you? Explain what you felt and why. (there are no wrong answers here, just you thinking (4 marks) Question 2 Week 8: Tutorial 7 (10 marks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6xB3pCRsY
Watch the video and answer 2 following questions in 200 words:
1. Who do you think is the target customer of this product? (5 marks)
2. Do you think this product will be success, if yes, why and how? If no, why not? (5 marks)
Question 3 Week 9: Tutorial 8 (10 marks)
Agatha’s Inc. is about to introduce a new product in the market, but is not sure as to how it should price the product. The company is facing intense competition from five other companies. In such a situation, what should be Agatha’s Inc. pricing objective? Provide an explanation for your answer.
Question 4 Week 10: Tutorial 9 (10 marks)
Briefly explain in 300 words the 4 levels of marketing channels with example.
Page 3 of 3
Question 5 Week 11: Tutorial 10 (10marks)
Focus on Technology: Tracking Customers
According to Nielsen, more than 50 percent of mobile phone consumers own smartphones. Many of them use free Wi-Fi when available for faster connections and to reduce data usage charges. But even when they don’t log on to Wi-Fi, the device continues to search, giving information on users’ locations. By using the signals emitted by shoppers’ smartphones, retailers can keep tabs on shoppers, knowing where they are and what they are searching for on their phones’ browsers. Retailers can learn on which aisles shoppers are most likely to check online prices at retailers such as Amazon.com and can send an alert to a sales representative. “Heat mapping” identifies traffic patterns and locations attracting the greatest number of shoppers checking the Internet. This gives retailers an idea of the products most vulnerable to “showrooming”—the practice of shoppers visiting stores to learn about and try products and later purchasing them for less online.
1. What is shopper marketing and how might retailers use Wi-Fi technology to implement it? (5 marks)
2. What may be the likely response as more shoppers learn that retailers gather information without their knowledge? (5 marks)
Do you need high-quality Custom Essay Writing Services?
There are no reviews yet.