The Changing Face of Terrorism
As you have seen in your studies throughout the course, terrorism has played a key role in the life of Americans both here and abroad. Prior to beginning this written assignment, review the Congressional Research Report: Domestic Terrorism: An Overview(Summary, Introduction, and section on Lone Wolves pages 53-56). Many of these same concerns dealing with Lone Wolf terrorism apply to the international terrorist connection. Finally, read the Congressional Research Report: The Islamic State’s Acolytes and the Challenges They Pose to U.S. Law Enforcement.
Clearly the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon changed the way America looks and responds to terrorism. These attacks led to the largest reorganization of the Federal Government, changed the way we interact with foreign governments, and resulted in policy changes that affect our security and civil liberties. As the video points out there are various perspectives when it comes to the terrorism. You may examine this topic from a federal, state, local government, or first responder or emergency management perspective.
For this written assignment you are to write a three- to five-page position paper on The Changing Face of Terrorism. This paper must
- Examine the current state of the threat of terrorism within America.
- Analyze the tools law enforcement is using to counter the threat.
- Determine if law enforcement has the necessary tools to counter the threat.
- Formulate your position on whether we are winning the war on terrorists, holding our own, or setting ourselves up for another 9/11.
The Changing Face of Terrorism paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA styleas outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.