Looking for completed assessment Part C (Contribute to Organisation) found Case study but not the project Please read the following project and answer all of the questions You are a newly appointed manager in a workplace which has clear deficiencies which have been in existence for more than 12 months. These deficiencies are standing in the way of you turning the company into the peak-performing unit that you are aiming for, and until they are overcome, the business, and you personally will underachieve. Amongst the workplace deficiencies are:
1. Numerous experienced staff who whilst possessing valuable knowledge, no longer seem willing or capable of maintaining the required work ethic
2. Supervisors and middle managers who mostly lack the leadership and motivation skills to drive employees to deliver consistent peak performance
3. Junior staff who appear frustrated by the lack of direction and opportunities within the organisation
4. A clear lack of communication and trust between the different layers of staff
5. One of the key weaknesses is the Payroll Officer, who consistently delivers late, and inaccurate financial reports in the key areas of wage costs, and has made costly errors in the areas of superannuation and payroll tax. The two managers prior to you tried unsuccessfully to improve his performance, and to replace him. To complicate matters, the Payroll Officer is also the husband of the business owner.
What will be your strategies and actions to overcome these weaknesses? Consider the following:
1. Tactics/strategies for each level of staff
2. How will you get each group to begin working with, and for each other?
3. How will you handle those staff that are resistant to changing the current work practices?
4. The existing staff are well aware of the previous managers’ failed attempts to improve Payroll, and will be judging you on how you deal with the delicate situation