1. What are the primary risks to data and information in transit? Is there any information sent over a network that is completely harmless if read? Justify your answer.
2. Which is a greater threat to encrypted trafﬁc: human misuse of a cipher or use of a cipher with a theoretical exploit? Justify your position.
3. Explain in your own words why time is on the side of the attacker with intercepted network communications.
4. Which layer of the OSI model requires the highest security consideration? Justify your answer with examples.
5. Compare and contrast asymmetric and symmetric key cryptography. List at least three beneﬁts and drawbacks of each.
1. Why is it important to review operating system patch information when it is released by the company that provides the operating system? Is it just as effective to patch the system without reviewing the associated documentation?
2. What are the different types of data backup and what advantages and draw-backs do each of them have?
3. Identify ﬁve steps that should be taken to harden any operating system against attack. Explain why these steps increase the security of the system.
4. Why are audit logs important to security? In general, how often should they be reviewed when there are no inciting security incidents? Justify your position.
5. Why are audit logs important to security? In general, how often should they be reviewed when there are no inciting security incidents? Justify your position.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?