- Chapter 20 deals with personal property and bailment. Confusion often exists between what is personal property and what is real property. Watch the following YouTube video which discusses real and personal property in a home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhJKs3UJzuQ After watching the video, set forth the following information: List two items that would be personal property where you live. Then, list two items that would be real property where you live. Make sure to explain the characteristics that allow you to categorize the property as real property or personal property.
- In Chapter 20 of the textbook, a case is set forth called Meyer v. Mitnick. The textbox is entitled, “Your Honor, Marriages Are Not Made in Heaven, You Say?” After reading the case, answer the following questions:
– What is the “modern trend” set forth by the court as to engagement rings given in contemplation of marriage?
– If the ring is a gift, should it not follow the rules related to inter vivos gifts?
– Should fault play a part in whether an engagement ring is returned to a fiancé? Why or why not?
Each student must post an answer to my question which would be your initial response (200-500 words in length) and contain two references to the textbook readings. Your initial response (which is the answer to my question) should be completed by Saturday, April 6th at midnight. In addition to this, you must post four additional substantive posts in response to your classmates messages. All posts on Discussion Board 7 must be made by midnight on April 9th. For full participation board credit, you must post at least five posts (your initial response to my question and four responsive substantive posts to your classmates messages). Make sure to carefully review what counts as a substantive post as set forth in the course syllabus.