1. Choose any THREE of these artworks.
-“Fireworks of Glass Tower and Ceiling” by Dale Chihuly
-“Repetition Nineteen III” by Eva Hesse
-“Untitled or Not Yet” by Eva Hesse
-“Sans II” by Eva Hesse
-“Contingent” by Eva Hesse
-“V&A Rotunda Chandelier” by Dale Chihuly
2. Describe the three artworks. Start with the Artist Name (or Culture if Unknown), Title, Date, and Medium/Media. Next, use language and art terminology to describe the visual appearance of these works– your reader should be able to visualize the art in their mind, based on your description. Chapters 4 and 5 can help with this.
3. Analyze the three artworks. Chapters 1, 2 and 3 can help you with this. What kind of artworks are these? What themes are they connected to? What is their purpose?
4. Discuss other pertinent information regarding your selected artworks. This can include various cultures, historical periods, media,
techniques, artworks, and artist biographies, etc. Essentially, this is the context of the art– not the art itself.
5. Writing in first person, explain how your appreciation of art has increased since taking this class. Use your three selected artworks to help convince me! Why do we need art? What do your three selected artworks do for our society, our world, and for you?
6. Share your previous assumptions and thoughts or feelings about art, and compare those with your current viewpoints, now that you have studied some art.
1000- 1300 Words.