Especially for application in professional settings, dissemination can begin to bridge knowledge or experience gaps among colleagues.
Your presentation will be a narrated PowerPoint. Although it is not due until Day 5 of Week 10, adhering to pacing guidelines will help you successfully complete the assignment.
- Consider the experiences and insights gained during your Immersion Experience that you would like to share with your Instructor and colleagues.
- Draft the content of both the slides and the audio. Remember that your slides should contain brief phrases or sentences only; the majority of your content will be explained through your narration.
- You may wish to refer to the support document in the Learning Resources for information on how to add audio to a PowerPoint if you need assistance.
Your PPT presentation should include the following:
- A first slide that contains your name and presentation title
- An introduction to your selected group and an overview of your experiences
- Cultural factors (beliefs, practices, norms, historical experiences) that might impact human and social services work with people from this group; you may also include changing beliefs or practices (e.g., among generations), if applicable
- Insights you gained from completing the Immersion Experience itself that will inform your practice related to multicultural competence and that could be applied to other groups or situations
- Pictures that show you engaging in your Immersion Experience with people from your selected group (You must, however, obtain consent from individuals to appear in the photos.)